Pineapple fried rice is unique because it’s one of the few types of fried rice that combines sweet with savoury. I cooked it with “Sha Cha” sauce that my mum bought to add tinge of spiciness.
Leftover rice from yesterday (it is harder and dryer, making very good fried rice)
Chopped Spring Onions
“Sha Cha” Sauce
Egg, Minced Garlic
Small Pieces of Meat (Slices or Cubes, however you like it)
1) Marinate the pieces of meat in soy sauce and a teaspoon of sugar and leave in the fridge for a couple of hours.
2) Cut the pineapple rings into cubes after washing them in running water
1) Heat the pan over high heat and add butter/oil. Start by frying some garlic with your egg, breaking it into small pieces. Remove from heat.
2) Fry the spring onions, garlic and meat with a generous scoop of “Sha Cha” sauce until fragrant. Once cooked, add in the pineapple cubes and fry until nicely browned. Remove from heat.
3) Start frying your fried rice with some oil. Add in all the stuff you cooked above, keep the rice as dry as possible. Taste (add more Sha Cha sauce if you like) and serve when done with Pork Floss on top.