This is a modification of Salad Prawns, a dish that my mum taught me. I prepared this dish for a couple of friends and they said it tasted good 🙂 Once the egg yolk broke, though, it looked rather disgusting and messy. Well, I didn’t think so far ahead when I conceived the dish…
Marinade (2 tablespoons of Light Soy Sauce, 1 teaspoon of Flour, 1 teaspoon of Sugar)
1) De-shell the prawns. Cut the prawns halfway across the back to remove the intestinal tract (a long strand of black stuff). This also makes the prawn look larger because it opens up along the cut when cooked.
2) Marinate the prawns and leave in the fridge for at least 15 mins.
1) Heat the pan for 1 minute. Start cooking the prawns in oil over high heat for about 1 minute. Once fully cooked, remove from heat and set the prawns nicely on a plate.
2) Place 3 dollops of mayonaise into the pan over low heat. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar and start mixing. After 1-2 minutes, the sugar should have melted. Pour the sauce over the prawns. If you find the sauce too thick, add some water and mix well.
3) Prepare a pot of boiling water. Put the egg yolk into the pot and leave for not more than 2 minutes. Place the yolk on top of the sauce, and garnish 🙂
*To eat, break the yolk and dip your prawns in the yolk + mayo mix.
1) You can eat this alone (if so, reduce the amount of sugar) or place about 6 to 8 prawns beside a bed of butter rice for a complete meal.
2) You can try adding Wasabi to the mayonaise to spice up the dish!