Just a simple breakfast that I made for myself this morning 🙂 I only used 2 slices of bread because I’m a light eater.
Ingredients (enough for 1):
3 Slices of White Bread (A healthier alternative would be Whole-Meal Bread)
50ml of Milk
1 Slice of Ham (My mum bought Turkey Ham the other day so I just used it)
1 Slice of Kraft Cheese
1) Beat the egg together with milk and a teaspoon of sugar. It is unlikely that all the sugar will dissolve though.
1) Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in the pan on medium heat for 1 minute. Coat one slice of bread evenly with the egg mixture and place it in the pan. Fry each side for 1 minute, or until you get the desired crisp on the French Toast. Repeat for the remaining slices of bread.
*Do not soak the bread in the egg mixture for too long as the bread will turn soggy and disgusting :S
2) Lightly fry the ham to get the fragrance out.
3) Set in the following order: Bread, Ham, Bread, Cheese, Bread. Place the sandwich in the oven for about 30 secs to melt the cheese, and you’re done! Drizzle some maple syrup and start eating!
1) I did not have maple syrup so I just melted some butter with a teaspoon of sugar.
2) If you’re a light eater like me, 2 slices of bread will suffice. However, you will have extra egg mixture. You can choose to fry a mini-omelete or give the 3rd slice of toast to someone 🙂