Here’s my first recipe, stir-fried prawns and chives with garlic. This one of my favourite easy-to-prepare chinese dishes for the whole family to enjoy!
1 Bunch of Chives
Marinade (2 tablespoons of Light Soy Sauce, 1 teaspoon of Flour, 1 teaspoon of Sugar)
1) De-shell the prawns. You may choose to slice the prawns into smaller bite-sized pieces (will be able to absorb the marinade better) or leave them whole.
2) Marinate the prawns and leave in the fridge for at least 15 mins
3) Wash the chives in running water and slice them into pieces with an approximate length of 5cm. Soak the cut chives in salt water for 10 minutes (salt water will help to kill germs and cleans the vegetables more effectively)
1) Saute a tablespoon of garlic in olive oil/butter. Once you see some browning on the garlic, quickly add the chives and stir fry. Pour in the marinade used to marinate the prawns. Taste and flavour with salt and pepper accordingly. After frying for about 2 minutes, set the chives on a dish.
2) Saute a tablespoon of garlic again, and upon browning add in the prawns. Cook over high heat for about 1 minute and place the prawns nicely on top of the bed of chives. Try not to overcook the prawns as the texture of the prawns will turn mushy and will not be firm to bite. Tada your dish is done!
1) You can always replace chives with other vegetables that you like, for example long beans or mushrooms.
2) Soy sauce can be easily replaced by Oyster sauce and even Teriyaki sauce for different tastes.